Is your business telephone system NBN ready?
Plus what the big telcos don’t want you to know!
WHY we think you should know
We are receiving calls from worried local business owners as they have either recently received a letter in the mail or a high pressure phone call suggesting that their business telephone system isn’t compatible (especially if it’s over 5 years old) with the new National Broadband Network (nbn™) which is currently being rolled out across the Hunter.
Often they claim to be from Telstra when they’re not and in most instances, this is nothing more than a scare tactic to mislead you into purchasing a new telephone system from them.
In our experience, most (if not all) telephone systems are compatible with the analogue services being delivered via the new nbn™.
However, there are still two points for business owners to consider:
1. You may require a telephone technician to relocate the connection from the old copper Telstra lead-in to the new nbn™ NTD (network termination device).
This is inexpensive compared to a new system and would be required anyway.
2. Your existing telephone system may require to be upgraded depending on which Telstra products you have selected to connect with the nbn™.
With the introduction of nbn™, there are many new options available.
* Tip: to identify if you’re really liaising with Telstra – obtain their ABN and then search at http://abr.business.gov.au/
WHAT we suggest you do
Small business: Nothing until you receive a letter in the mail from nbn™ advising they’re coming to your area!
Then we recommend you give us a call to discuss:
- what telephone system you currently have
- what Telstra products you currently have
- what other product options you may like
We’ll then be able to confirm if your existing telephone system is definitely compatible or help you make an alternate arrangement!
Medium to Large business: We recommend you call us now so we all have ample time to work out what’s right for your business.